Blog‎ > ‎

Zaher Fallahi, Tax CPA; Tax Form That is Right for You

posted Jan 25, 2015, 10:30 PM by Zaher Fallahi

You can generally use the 1040EZ if:

1). your taxable income is below $100,000;

2). your filing status is single or married filing jointly;

3). you don’t claim dependents; and

4). your interest income is $1,500 or less.

Note: You can’t use Form 1040EZ to claim the new Premium tax credit. You also can’t use this form if you received advance payments of this credit in 2014. 


The 1040A may be best for you if:

1). your taxable income is below $100,000;

2). you have capital gain distributions;

3). you claim certain tax credits; and

4). you claim adjustments to income for IRA contributions and student loan interest.


You must use the 1040 if:

1). your taxable income is $100,000 or more;

2). you claim itemized deductions;

3). you report self-employment income; or

4). you report income from sale of a property.

Zaher Fallahi, Tax CPA, assists clients with  tax preparation, tax planning, IRS representation, disclosing undeclared foreign bank accounts (offshore voluntary disclosure program, OVDP), report of foreign bank & financial accounts (FBAR, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Telephones:  (310) 719-1040 (Los Angeles), ( 714) 546-4272 (Orange County) or e-mail: